Uncovering The Effect Of Home School Education Programs To Children
Article by Zach Doherty – Clivir Team
To simply define home school education, it is conducting lessons at home where the parents and tutors pose as the primary educators. According to the latest statistics, there are about 2 million students that are homeschooled in America alone and the figures are rapidly increasing.
Before the enormous academic institutions has even started, the home school education system has begun. As the old adage goes, “the home is the first school of children while their parents are their first teacher” holds so much truth. Unless parents are teachers, education at home provides alternative venue and option to teach children basic lessons such as colors, shapes, and basic math and science as well formative values.
Probably the best thing about this approach is that the parent and child are able to spend more time together. Rapport and bonding are deepened by their mutual understanding and familiarization. Apparently, it is easier for parents and tutors to customize the discussion because they can simply identify the child’s interests and individual learning needs. They are also able to monitor their children and work with them closely. The following are found to benefit and create impact on homeschooled children and parents as well:
1. Individualized Attention – as previously mentioned, parents can closely supervise the child’s progress
2. Freedom to Diversify – Parents and tutors can customize the lessons according to what they feel and think is right to teach the child. Parents should take note that Home school education still follows particular federal policies and laws.
3. Social Adjustment – Children find extra-curricular activities exciting and fun. Incorporating field trip with cousins of same age, or trip to museums with a kid next door is a fun way to learn. It will also help children overcome lack of social interaction as critics say of this method of teaching.
4. Family Bonding – as compared to traditional schools, since home schooled children stay with their parents most of the time, there are more time for family bonding
5. A Good Education – this is not applicable to academics only but also with the values and morals formation of the child
When considering this approach to your children, it helps that the entire family is involved in the decision – making process as well the discussions, activities and other home school components (such as field trips, trip to museum, zoos and playgrounds) as well. Make sure that you assess your financial capability to help you foresee the cost of home schooling your child. If having financial issues, there are free down-loadable home school materials found in the internet. Families who have tried home schooling have good lessons and experiences to share. So talking to these families will help you visualize what you are putting yourself into.
Truly, for home school education to work, parents need to be sensitive and conscious to the child’s needs. Although it has been proven that this type of methodology is beneficial to children, the parent must always assess the development of the child to make sure that the home school education fits their children.
About the Author
Find the best student financial aid to cover for your university fees! Browse over a hundred ways to student loans application when you visit our site today!